Thursday, November 15, 2007

Finger printing revisited

In pursuit of child #5, my husband and I reported to INS to have our fingerprinting done. This is our second time getting finger printed. I can't help but wonder why the other set of finger prints weren't good enough. Fortunately, this was a fairly painless process and took much less time than I thought it would. Yay for one thing going right!

As for things going wrong...don't even get me started on why it's taken so long for the doctor's office to fill out our medical forms. Two weeks and close to two hours on the phone. I can't blame the doctor's office. They really are trying. They've just never done this before. Which was made obvious by the fact that they did it wrong and I've now got to start the entire medical form process again.

To make matters worse, my desktop crashed. I lost everything including every email address. Yikes! On the upside, my book that is due Monday is safe on my laptop. My husband (computer genius that he is) was able to restore me to on-line status. My computer is running again. The world has returned to its orbit.

I thought about saying something about writing. Then I changed my mind. Then I thought about it again so I'm going to say it - it's hard work. Hard, hard, hard work. If it were a sport, it would be marathon racing.

Endure.

2 comments:

Nike Chillemi said...

I've been through the adoption process. I don't know why, but it seems everything has to be done at least twice. Doctors fill out the unintelligible forms incorrectly, and as you say, have to do them again. Finger prints get lost, or all the other forms take so long to process that the finger prints are out-of-date by the time the rest of your paper work gets done.

Just be of good cheer, and keep-on-keeping-on. You'll get to the end of this race.

Shirlee McCoy said...

Thanks, Nike. I know you're right!