Thursday, November 06, 2008

There is Snow on the Mountains

And it is COLD.

Okay, so it's not quite as cold as I'm told it's going to get. Currently, it's no colder than it was in Maryland in December. I'm not much for cold weather. However, I've decided I will learn to love it. I'm here in cold country, so I may as well get used to the idea.

Also, the snowy mountains are beautiful. Makes me want to write a historical just so that I can write about traveling through those mountains during the winter. Although, I don't suppose many settlers would have chanced it. I can't even imagine driving through some of those passes on a road in a car.

Christmas will be different this year. No family around. Not a huge network of friends. We'll be creating new traditions and new memories, but that doesn't mean we won't miss old traditions. And while I'm thinking of new traditions and family, I can't help wondering what DD #2 is doing. I know, it's been a while since I've mentioned the adoption, but that doesn't mean it's not still happening. Our daughter will have another year in China without us. We'll have another year here without her. I don't stress much about time passing. All of it is in God's hands.

Now...I'd better go write. I hope you all are writing too!

No comments: