Saturday, September 09, 2006

I Wonder

And maybe you're wondering, too. Where has Shirlee been? No sightings here. No sightings at Eharlequin. No Shirlee.

I'm here, though. Just quiet. Going through an introspective time in my life that started months ago. Wondering. Wondering. Wondering.

And maybe doing a little wandering, too. From one thought to the next. One idea to the next. And asking myself why I do all I do. What I hope to accomplish. Where I think I'm heading. More importantly, am I heading in the direction God wants me to go?

See? Introspection.

That probably scares some people. Sometimes it scares me. It's tough to look in the mirror and tougher still to grab a magnifying glass and move in close. Mostly, though, introspection doesn't bother me. It's the way I've always been. I often think that's why I became a writer. All the thoughts and feelings and questions that run through my head and my heart. Sometimes they just need a place to go. What better place than a blank white page that's waiting - maybe even begging - to be filled with something.

And so I return to my blog as I began it. Looking at a white page and wondering - how shall I fill it. So many possibilities.

Maybe I'll take a page from Heather Tipton and write a poem. That's always been my way of expressing what I'm feeling. I've got journals filled with bad poetry. LOL. You can check out some that's much better than mine at Heather's blog heatherdianetipton.blogspot.com

If I were going to write a poem here, I'd write about time. Or life. Or death.

If I were going to.

Who knows? Maybe I will.

How about you?

2 comments:

Sabrina L. Fox said...

I will not be writing a poem...for they would stinketh! But if you feel like writing a poem, girl, go right ahead. I'll read it! Just glad to have you back. I was kinda worried. Figured you were overwhelmed with deadlines or something.

Shirlee McCoy said...

I write lots of poetry. It's just not for public view. LOL

Not just deadlines. Life. It does tend to intrude every once in a while!