Sunday, May 10, 2009

Here We Go Again!

I'm off and running on my next book. RUNNING FOR COVER is the first book in a three book miniseries about a sibling group separated by adoption.

I guess adoption has been on my mind a lot lately.

So, for Mother's Day, my wonderful husband bought me the perfect gift - a new laptop!

As you may recall, my old laptop died a quick, brutal death. Now it is nothing more than a carcass waiting to be buried or brought back to life. I'm not sure which will happen.

As I admired my new writing tool, I was reminded of the days when my sons were much younger and believed that new sneakers would make them run faster. Each boy did the same. He'd put on his new shoes and run through the yard, shouting, "Look! Look how fast I am now, Mom!" And, in those sweet moments, it seemed as if they really were.

Today I will type on my new computer, and I will hope that the same shoe fairy who sprinkled magic speed-up dust on my sons' shoes has also sprinkled magic speed-up dust on the keyboard of my laptop, so that I can type faster than ever and shout for my boys to come see. "Look! Look how fast I am now, kids!"

Happy Mother's Day!

2 comments:

Lola Granola said...

I just got a new laptop too.

And I felt the same way....
But the trouble is, it's so much faster...on the INTERNET. This is not helpful. In fact it is the reverse of helpful!

I am so happy for you. The only thing I'm sad about is that we won't now meet up in GZ.

Shirlee McCoy said...

That's why my laptop has no internet connection. I'd never get any writing done. I use my desktop for email. Laptop for writing.

I still refuse to believe that we won't be in GZ at the same time. If you get your TA this week, our visits may overlap. I can hope, anyway.

Hang in there. I know it's going to happen soon.