Thursday, April 02, 2009

Where Art Thou, Spring?


With your green shoots and vivid colors?
Your chirping birds and azure sky?
Where art thou, spring?
Did the thrill of winter offend?
The joy of icy storms and snow covered cow patties drive you away?
Where art thou, spring?
Not here in Washington.
That is for sure.

Hahahahahahah.

That is maniacal laughter. I've been driven to it by this:

"SPOKANE, Wash.- With at least another inch of new snow in Spokane County the record snowfall record for a season has officially been shattered. Spokane County broke the record on Sunday by about a tenth of an inch. The old record was set in 1949-1950 at 93.5 inches. On Sunday, Spokane County hit 93.6 inches.

So far there haven't been any snowfall totals for Thursday morning. The National Weather Service is reporting at least an inch of fresh snow on the ground and calling for another 3 to 5 inches by day's end." KHQ-TV

3 comments:

Sabrina L. Fox said...

Wowser! Talk about a shock to your system. LOL. When will your spring start? And do you know how your summers are? Are they more mild?

Anonymous said...

Well, according to the news, this is an abnormally cold spring. It is usually about ten degrees warmer. In the upper forties, low fifties (rather like Maryland).

The summers are mild to people from Maryland who are used to 90 degrees and 90% humidity!

How's the wait going?

Sabrina L. Fox said...

The wait is fine. I'm writing Rock Bottom but getting frustrated when I can't keep up the 1000-1500 words a day I had set as a goal.:0/

I wanted to give myself a deadline so I'd know I could do it and I'm failing... LOL

I think I'd love the weather there. I'm a cool weather kind of girl. Even love the winter. Summer is so hot!!! I am fair skinned and I don't like to sweat. LOL.