Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Look Out New York, here I come!

Two posts in one day. I'm as surprised as you are!

I'm leaving for New York and the BEA on Friday.

I can't believe I'm doing a book signing in the New York, but more than that, I can't believe I'm going to get to see my editor's office and the notorious slush pile. I've been dreaming about this moment for years.

Not really, but it sure sounded good, didn't it? Actually, I've been wanting to see the building that Harlequin is housed in. I'm into cool architecture, so this should be a real treat. My train leaves around seven a.m. on Friday even though I'm not signing until Saturday morning. I'll stay Friday and Saturday night. The fact that I could easily have taken the train in on Saturday morning, signed and been home Saturday night is something that I refuse to contemplate. At the moment, I am desperate for a break. Not from my hubby or kids, just from the endless routine of mommy-hood, writer-hood, and every other hood that I wear (as opposed to hats).

My mom and I are going to travel together and do some sightseeing Friday and Saturday afternoon and evening. Friday I'm heading to Harlequin to meet with Melissa, we'll take the tour of the offices and then have lunch. I've been very blessed in that I've clicked with all my editors and have a very easy working relationship with them. I enjoy them as people as much as I enjoy their expertise, so it should be a fun time.

The book I'm signing is coming out next month. VALLEY OF SHADOWS is the fifth book in my Lakeview series and is actually a follow up to EVEN IN THE DARKNESS. That means another visit to Thailand and Mae Hong Son. And another visit with Hawke. Now he was a truly great hero to write!

Of course, I nervous. Book signings always make me that way. What a blessing though, to be invited to do this!

I'm going to take pictures and have my husband post them on my website when I return.

1 comment:

Sabrina L. Fox said...

Yes, I am quick...LOL. Ah, I'm so excited and envious of you. I hope you have a fab time. ;) I can't even wait to hear about the slush pile. LOL Kidding, but it will be fun to hear about the office and stuff.

Have a slice of New York style pizza for me. ;)